Welcome to our guide on configuring the GoodVision Live Traffic unit within the GoodVision Video Insights platform. If you would like to learn more about what precedes it and what the requirements for connecting GoodVision Live traffic are, read our “Requirements for GoodVision Live Traffic” article or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Once an active Live Traffic licence is on your account, you will find a separate entry in the User menu called Live Traffic.
2. There you will find a virtual device appearing under the AVAILABLE LIVE TRAFFIC UNITS section. To continue with device configuration click the CONFIGURE button.
3. In the following window, you will find the requirements for your device to be prepared for GoodVision Live Traffic installation. Once the requirements are fulfilled, you can simply copy a command link and paste it to the device's command prompt. The link is individual and contains the device key signed to your account. So once you execute the command, the installation process will start and be completed automatically. The whole installation process can take about 30 minutes.
4. After successful device deployment, you will get a message on the device that the installation is complete. The installed device will appear under PAIRED LIVE TRAFFIC UNITS section and change the status to ONLINE.
Setting up a Live Stream
1. If the cameras are already connected to your Live Traffic Units, you can easily find and pair them in the Live Traffic Units detail window.
2. To add video streams or find the connected ones, click on the three dots on the appropriate Live Traffic Unit and go to the Detail.
3. In the Detail window, go to the CONNECTED VIDEO STREAMS tab, click on + Add new video stream and fill up the required information (video stream name, geolocation of the camera, and RTSP video stream URL).
4. The connected stream will appear in the LIVE TRAFFIC UNIT DETAIL window. The state of the successfully connected stream should be PROCESSING. To enable the stream, assign it to the particular Data Source.
Create a Data Source
Click Back to projects on the left side of the upper panel and create a project structure for your streams (Project->Location->Data Source). Learn more about project structure here.
When creating a new Data Source, select the LIVE TRAFFIC UNIT as a data source type, then select the device and camera stream you want to connect. The time zone is set automatically based on the camera’s geolocation, but you can change it if needed.
In case the stream was successfully connected to the Data Source, you’ll see the green PROCESSING status.
GoodVision Live Traffic currently offers support for two types of video streams - Traffic and ANPR.
When dealing with a Traffic video stream, data collection starts immediately upon the video stream being assigned to the data source, enabling you to begin analysing the data right away on the Analyse Data page. Additionally, you can create a live dashboard to monitor various traffic events in real-time.
In contrast, when working with an ANPR video stream, you will need to define your traffic scenarios before data collection can begin. Once the scenarios are defined, you can start collecting the necessary data for analysis.
More about live stream data collection and analysis here.